Despite their low cost, these quality floor coverings are manufactured by trusted brands such as:
These popular brands and others are all discounted when you order online. All of our selections are ideal for commercial flooring, and also a great choice for you home, these top-quality brands offer a hard-wearing flooring solution as well as comfort and warmth to any room.
You may also want to check out our popular clearance carpet tiles. Some of these tiles are more than 50% off our already discounted daily prices. Our carpet tiles are available online, as well as in our showroom in Folkestone, Kent.
Our robust collection of carpet squares are sorted by colour, style, and range. At the top of this page, you will see a quick finder search tool that allows you to mix and match these three attributes.
Depending on the type, there are 13 colours to choose from, not including multicolored styles that use two or more colours in one pattern. We offer a wide variety of colours, from the vivid to the understated, in an extensive collection of patterns and materials.
Style types are classified between cut, looped, and budget.
For the most part the variations are a matter of taste, with the resilience and durability of each depending on the material used to craft. Note that the styles aren’t necessarily mutually exclusive, as some styles are a combination of cut and looped patterns.
The categories are defined as follows:
- Cut pile - Raised loops of the carpet are cut to create a flat surface. These create an even surface that is perfect for intermediate patterns. Most consider cut pile carpets to have a softer feel underfoot than loop pile. While these are typically made of nylon, some use polyester or wool. Most consider cut style more suited for residential use.
- Loop pile - The strands remain uncut, creating a looped shape that has a curved surface. This form offers superior stain resistance and resilience compared to the cut piles, so they are typically more suited for industrial or office use with lots of traffic but not a lot of direct handling (e.g. moving furniture, vacuuming).
- Budget - These are variants of both of the above, but cheaper. This includes carpet tiles listed at special prices and clearance items that are marked as much as 50% off of the original retail tag.
The range of a carpet can be seen as an extension of both colour and style, where the different brands will mix patterns and materials to create a certain aesthetic, or install a level of durability. Some, like the Forbo Carpet Tiles are made for floors with a moderate amount of foot traffic and area to cover; their patterns tend to fit no matter which way they’re placed.
Others, like CFS, are made from solution dyed nylon and are considered super durable commercial grade carpets. Consider mixing the colours, styles, and ranges in our search tool so you can find the carpet that fits your needs.
Beginner’s Guide to Carpet Squares
The following is an explanation of the attributes that separate one carpet from another, so you can have a better idea of which style fits your needs. Some are obvious, but they’ve been included just in case the meaning is unclear:
- Stain resistance—This attribute is pretty self-explanatory. Spills happen, and you want a carpet that will at least stand up to permanent discoloration long enough for you to take measures. There are more specific subtypes that fall under the umbrella of stain resistance—e.g. oil resistance, soil resistance—but the general definition includes discoloration from foreign agents, be they liquid or solid. It should be noted that not all carpets that offer high stain resistance offer resistance to oils and/or dirt, and vice versa, so be sure to read the fine print. Stain resistance is also considered a measure of how easy the carpet is to clean once it has become soiled.
- Abrasion resistance—This is a measure of how resistant the carpet is to surface wear caused by flat surfaces rubbing against the fibers. It is the kind of attribute that should be heeded by someone building a dance studio or a gymnasium, where the chance of friction against moving people is high. Fabrics like wool and nylon are known for their high abrasion resistance because of their high fiber density.
- Sunlight resistance—The natural light from the sun can cause carpets to fade over time, creating unsightly spots in your carpet where exposure is high. This is determined by the carpet’s structure, meaning little can be done to improve a carpet’s sun resistance after it is made.
- Static—This measures the amount of static that is typically generated by moving across the carpet's surface. Nearly all carpets build static in areas with lower humidity unless they are treated to resist it during creation, but some, like wool, are naturally more susceptible.
- Flammability—An important attribute for carpets found in restaurants, or any carpet subject to open flames. Fibers like wool and nylon burn slow and are self-extinguishing, but acrylic fibers are unsurprisingly combustible unless they have undergone modification.
Carpet Tile Maintenance
Experts say that carpet tiles that are maintained will last two times as long.
- The most accessible form and first line of carpet defense is your vacuum. It’s wise to swap out the bag if it reaches eighty percent full and keep an eye on the filter if your vacuum has one equipped.
- We’ll leave enforcement of the “wipe your feet” rule to your own decision!
- Using hot water or steam cleaners a few times a year can also extend your carpet life.
- Presuming you’ve followed a consistent vacuuming schedule, there shouldn’t be too many problem areas to cover.
- There are liquid solutions available everywhere for fighting tougher stains, but a bit of detergent in a spray bottle is an excellent makeshift solution in their absence. Just be sure to go slowly so you don’t leave soapy residue behind.
- The rest is common sense: when stains happen, clean them immediately; blot with water, as scrubbing can ruin the surface of a carpet; keep a spot of club soda or vinegar handy in case of of red wine spills and the like.
- Professional cleaners usually come equipped with the same machines and cleaning solutions, only with higher quality versions of each, and more expertise than the average homeowner. Professional carpet cleaners can however be pricey - as much as £300-£400 per 100 square meters, so they are only recommended at least once every year and a half.
Remland Carpets sell only the top brands. Take a look at the information below to help with peace of mind that you're buying the best.
- Heuga is a European division of Interface, Inc. (below), that operates from the Dutch province of Gelderland. Interestingly, the company began in 1958, before the founding its parent company. A noteworthy fact: the first carpet tile was manufactured by the company’s founder, Petrus Johannes van Huegton.
- JHS is an acronym for Joseph, Hamilton & Seaton. They have been manufacturing carpets in the UK for over five decades, and have been part of the Headlam Group (Europe’s largest floor covering distributor) since 1999. Their specialties lie in commercial buildings like hotels, retail facilities, lounges, and office spaces.
- Flotex is a modern, resilient floor tile that combines the hardiness of a textile floor with the softness of a carpet. It is a brand of Forbo Floor Coverings, which also produces many other carpet tiles.
- Interface (Inc.) was founded in 1973 in LaGrange, Georgia of the U.S.A. They have since become the world’s largest manufacturer of modular carpets. The company uses innovative techniques to produce high-quality textiles in virtually every category of carpet tiles.
- Burmatex boasts a catalog of versatile carpet tiles including loop piles, cut piles, fibre bonded, textured, and their patented structure bonded varieties. They are one of the distributors at the forefront of eco-friendly carpet manufacturing.
- CFS are a veteran of refurbished and new build floor coverings, crafting both commercial and residential carpet tiles for homes, schools, hospitals, and businesses.
Ordering Carpet Tiles Online
Browse through the carpet tiles we have available. You can mix the colours, styles, and ranges until you’ve narrowed your selection. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you have more questions.
Providing all Your Flooring Needs
Apart from flooring you’ll find accessories in our store. These will help you install and care for your carpet tiles or other Remland flooring options:
Adhesives and tapes
We offer you a one stop option so you can quickly take care of your flooring needs.
If you struggle to make up your mind, ask for free samples or come and see your options at our showroom in Kent:
Wood and Laminates
Order and Purchase
When you’re ready to order your carpet tiles you can simply place your order online.
We will deliver it to your door. If your order exceeds £49 our delivery service is free.